Who we are
Our website address is: https://politicalgridiron.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We do collect some technical information when you visit to make your visit seamless. The section below explains how we handle and collect technical information when you visit our website.
When you browse, read pages, or download information on Political Gridiron, certain technical information about your visit is automatically gathered and stored. This information never identifies who you are. The information collected and stored about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet domain (for example, xcompany.com; if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site; The pages you visit; and, if you linked to Political Gridiron from another website, the address of that website.
This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data, we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits. This site uses a tool which collects your requests for pages and passes elements of them to search engines to assist them in indexing this site. We control the configuration of the tool and are responsible for any information sent to the search engines.
When you visit some websites, their web servers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future. This is not the case at Political Gridiron, where only non-persistent cookies or “per-session cookies” are used. These cookies do not collect personal information on users and they are erased as soon as you leave our website.
Per-session cookies serve technical purposes, like providing seamless navigation through Political Gridiron. These cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Again, once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Political Gridiron uses Google Analytics (Google Inc.) to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996.
How long we retain your data
Political Gridiron retains none of your data.
Your contact information
We do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you (for example, to respond to your questions). If you choose to provide us with personal information like with your name and e-mail address and submitting it to us through “Contact” us, we use that information to respond to your message, and to help get you the information you’ve requested. Political Gridiron never collects information or creates individual profiles for commercial marketing. While you must provide your name and e-mail address for a localized response to any incoming questions or comments to Political Gridiron, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers. The Social Security Administration offers additional guidance on sharing your Social Security number.
Amazon Affiliate Program
Political Gridiron participates in the Amazon Affiliate Program and as an Amazon Affiliate this site does earn from qualifying purchases.
Political Gridiron links to many websites created and maintained by other private and/or public organizations. Political Gridiron provides these links as a service to our users. When users link to an outside website, they are leaving the Political Gridiron site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website(s).
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on the Political Gridiron website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other private and/or public organizations. Political Gridiron provides these links and pointers solely for our users’ information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the Political Gridiron site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- Political Gridiron does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- Political Gridiron does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- Political Gridiron cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- Political Gridiron is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
European Economic Area
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and want to find out more about your data protection rights, please see “Data Protection Authorities”.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislation, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
Latest update: January 5, 2020